last updated November 9, 2014
Be kind, study smartly, and prosper!
- Briefcat.herokuapp.com and Briefcat.com ("the Website" or "the Service") are the property of and provided by Briefcat, LLC ("Briefcat"), a Virginia limited liability company.
- You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Virginia; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Briefcat, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Virginia. These Terms shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Briefcat that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Virginia.
- You agree to hold Briefcat and its officers free of any and all liability with regard to the use of, and ramifications from the use of, the Website. The Website contains the work of students not yet admitted to any bar. The information contained in the Website does not constitute any legal advice whatsoever, and you should not treat the information contained in the Website as legal advice.
- "Posts" include Case Briefs, Statutes/Rules, Hypos, Discussions, Outlines, and Sections.
- The Website (and the Service) are provided as is. You agree and accept that your posts, your comments, your account, courses you've added, and the Website itself can be deleted or changed at any time for any reason.
- You certify that everything you post is either your own creation or the creation of someone else on Briefcat, with the possible exception that statutes/rules may be copied verbatim from the original law/rule. You may cite copyrighted material using quotes (and/or a web link) when appropriate.
- You agree to allow any and all Briefcat users to use and copy your posts if they so choose.
- You give Briefcat the license to use and publish your posts as Briefcat deems appropriate.
- You agree that Briefcat may reassign, add, and deduct points as Briefcat deems appropriate.
- Briefcat reserves the right to monetize the site at anytime, including through advertising or registration fees.
- You agree to neither create fake content, nor willfully post content that is erroneous. Failure to observe this rule may result in your account being suspended or deleted.
- You understand that you must use your own judgment regarding the accuracy and relevancy of content you find on the Website. Briefcat does not, in any way, guarantee anything regarding the content posted by its users.
- You agree to be either helpful or tastefully entertaining in your comments, and at the very least neither mean nor condescending.
- If you come across a post that you like or is helpful, please like it by clicking the plus sign! This rewards the author and helps to make good content stand out.